Humber Wastewater Treatment Plant Main Substation
Summa’s extensive experience in construction and upgrades of process automations systems in major wastewater facilities, in addition to good management in the areas of programming, panel manufacturing, and commissioning allowed for the successful completion of the project.
The Humber WWTP is the city’s second largest wastewater treatment plant and is located in Toronto’s west end.
The scope of the project was to construct a new Main Substation for the Humber Treatment Plant, and included::
- New Main Substation building
- Supply and installation of the new medium voltage arc-resistant metal clad switchgear
- Supply and installation of two 15/20MVA,27.6kV-4160V liquid filled distribution transformers carried with associated wiring and conduits
- Supply and installation of medium voltage 4160V metal clad arc-resistant switchgear
- Supply new RPU panels, instrumentation, and related controls
- Modifications to existing RPU panels and SCADA System
Scope of Work – Control System
The goal was to deliver on schedule and on budget to meet and exceed the expectations of this major upgrade project – all work conducted under strict compliance to the City’s PCS Guidelines and programming standards.
Summa was responsible for supplying and commissioning all instrumentation, as well as manufacturing and commissioning PLC and control panels. Work includes retrofits to existing control panels. Programming responsibilities include all PLC and SCADA programming, testing, commission, and package system co-ordination and integration into the plant SCADA .
PLC: GE RX3i
SCADA: GE Proficy iFix
OIT: GE QuickPanel