Millbrook Wastewater Treatment Plant Capacity Upgrades
Summa’s broad experience and capabilities in the manufacturing of high quality control panels and supply of instrumentation for use in municipal water / wastewater process automations systems in addition to strong project management and timely commissioning lead to the successful completion of the project.
Cavan Monaghan is a township in Peterborough County 20 kilometres SW of the city of Peterborough.
In order to meet increased wastewater flows forecasted in the Township of Cavan Monaghan Official Plan the capacity of the Millbrook WWTP needed to be increased – as well the plant had reached the end of its useful service life.
As a result of these factors, it was decided to construct a new process treatment train to treat all existing and future wastewater flows.
The scope of the project was
- Replacement of raw sewage pumps at Tupper Street pump station and installation of new instruments and control system
- Construction of a new process building
- Construction of two ISAM SBR trains and installation of related equipment
- Installation of new pumps and gate in converted equalization tanks
- Installation of new standby diesel generatorIn support of the above, associated electrical and instrumentation systems were updated and two (2) new PLC panels were required.
Scope of Work – Control Panels and Instrumentation
The goal was to deliver on schedule and on budget to meet and exceed the expectations of this upgrade project.
Summa was responsible for supplying SCADA software, hardware, and network equipment, along with the manufacturing and commissioning of two (2) PLC panels and the supply and commissioning of process instrumentation.
PLC: Rockwell ControlLogix
SCADA: GE Digital iFix
OTI: Stealth IPC w/ GE Digital iClient Instrumentation: Yes